Migration Agents Melbourne
Migration Agents Melbourne (To Legal) is a boutique immigration law practice operating in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne, Australia. Migration Agents Melbourne is pleased to provide this dedicated [dot] Melbourne immigration website, Migration Agents Melbourne.
Being a [dot] Melbourne domain means you can be confident you are:
- dealing with a legitimate business as only verified businesses can own [dot] Melbourne domains
- retaining the services of a Melbourne migration agent and Melbourne immigration lawyer
With the use of emails and the Internet, we are able to provide you with immigration services irrespective if you live outside Melbourne or inside Melbourne.
While the Internet can be a wonderful tool, unfortunately it can facilitate scams and fraud on a local basis and across global boundaries. See: Beware of Scams page.
Therefore, we believe it could be necessary for you to be able to verify that Migration Agents Melbourne (To Legal) is owned and run by our principal, Jay To who is a:
Our objective is to provide strategic and procedural immigration advice that is practical and in ‘plain English’. We are ‘goal oriented‘ and provide a personalised yet professional service.
Contact Migration Agents Melbourne for all your immigration services.
- help you with all your Australian immigration and citizenship needs
- assist you with immigration forms, checklists and statutory declarations
- draft, amend, review and lodge your visa application and sponsorship
- on your behalf, discuss your visa application and/or sponsorship and liaise with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).
Migration agents in Melbourne and Australia wide are required to be registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (often referred as 'MARA'); this is 'required by law'!
- Migration Agent: Completion of Graduate Certificate in Australian Migration Law and Practice (6 months full-time)
- Immigration Lawyer: Currently holding a Practising Certificate, Bachelor of Laws (3 years full-time)
- Migration Agent: No training is necessary to be a registered migration agent
- Immigration Lawyer: Supervised training is required to be admitted to the Supreme Court
- Migration Agent: Quality of submission is dependent on experience
- Immigration Lawyer: Quality of submission is based on legal qualifications, supervised training and experience
Legal Professional Privilege
- Migration Agent: Communications are not protected by legal privilege
- Immigration Lawyer: Legal privilege is afforded to communications unless compelled by law
- Migration Agent: Legal services cannot be provided
- Immigration Lawyer: Able to provide legal services depending on the circumstances and if outside the area of expertise, will be able to identify possible legal issues and then refer to the appropriate person
- is a Melbourne migration agent
- is a Melbourne immigration lawyer
- holds a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and Bachelor of Finance double degree
- was admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria in December 2002
- was first registered as a migration agent in June 2007.
Note: Only a small portion (25%) of migration agents are actually immigration lawyers.
Upon initial registration, migration agents are given a MARN with the first 2 digit being the first year of registration. For example, in 2017, a registered migration agent with:
- MARN: 1755555 - means about 0 years experience (2017)
- MARN: 1555555 - means about 2 years experience (2015)
- MARN: 1355555 - means about 4 years experience (2013)
- MARN: 1155555 - means about 6 years experience (2011)
- MARN: 0955555 - means about 8 years experience (2009)
At Migration Agents Melbourne, our principal, Jay To:
- have a thorough understanding of Australian immigration laws, policies and practices
- act in professional manner
- provide timely immigration advice
- comply with the Migration Agents' Code of Conduct
- have professional indemnity insurance
- pass character tests (including criminal history checks).